Pageviews

Friday, April 11, 2014

History | Idi Amin In Quotes: 35 Years later


Exactly 35 Years ago, Ugandan President Idi Amin Dada was overthrown by a combined force of Tanzania People's Defense Forces and Ugandan Exiles. 

It put an end to 8 Years of a turbulent reign in Uganda's Politics. It was not without its humorous moments and left us with memorable quotes. Read On...
  
1] "There is freedom of speech, but I cannot guarantee freedom after speech"

2] "If we knew the meaning to everything that is happening to us, then there would be no meaning."

3] "Sometimes people mistake the way I talk for what I am thinking. I never had any formal education. Not even nursery school certificate. But, sometimes, I know more than PhDs because as a military man I know how to act. I am a man of action."

4] "I was a good soldier in the British Army. I was born in a very, very poor family. And I enlisted to escape hunger. But my officers were Scottish and they loved me. The Scots are good, you know."

5] "Politics is like boxing. You try to knock out your opponents."

6] "In any country there must be people who have to die. They are the sacrifices any nation has to make to achieve law and order."

7] "It's not for me. I tried human flesh and it's too salty for my taste."

8] "I want to be remembered as a great athlete. As a boxing champion."

9] "I am not a politician but a professional soldier. I am, therefore, a man of few words and I have been brief through my professional career."

10] "We Africans used to carry Europeans, but now Europeans are carrying us. We are now the masters. They came from Britain and wanted to show that they really have power in my country"

11] "I do not blow my own trumpet. But I like playing the accordion!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here...